The following rules and regulations are designed to ensure members and their guests’ comfort and safety. Any situation not described below will be evaluated and acted upon by pool manager and/or pool management committee.
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY!
Members shall instruct their children to observe all regulations.
Everyone must obey the instructions of the pool manager, lifeguards, and other staff.
THE POOL MANAGER (OR ASSISTANT IN HIS/HER ABSENCE) AND/OR BOARD SHALL HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO REFUSE ADMISSION TO OR IMMEDIATELY EJECT ANY PERSON FROM THE POOL PROPERTY FOR THE VIOLATION OF ANY POOL RULE. Serious violations may result in suspension or expulsion in accordance with the bylaws of the pool association. Pool Management has the final word for any activity occurring on pool grounds that may impede and/or interfere with the general safety and welfare of Members/Guests
THE HAMPTON POOL COMMUNITY
Since 1955 The Hampton Pool has been an integral part of the Hampton Community. Our pool was created by our neighbors for our neighbors. While we exist to provide a relaxing summer respite from the world around us, we also recognize the importance of being good neighbors and good stewards of our neighborhood. We ask that ALL Hampton Members and Guests make an extra effort to help our pool community be the best neighbors we can. Please keep an eye out for any trash or items that may have been left behind by others in our parking lots and surrounding grounds. In addition, please let a manager on duty know as soon as possible if there are cars that may be parked outside the guidelines set forth by Baltimore County. If you live near or adjacent to the pool, we ask that you consider walking or biking rather than driving and parking a car.
- Beginning the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, the pool will be open on a daily basis according to the published schedule.
- Management may close the pool for repairs or other emergencies and may, at the discretion of the Pool Manager, alter the hours of operation due to inclement weather.
- Swimming in the pool will end 10 minutes prior to closing. Please exit the property by closing time so guards can finish their closing duties and depart in their budgeted time.
- Parking: Please be aware of parking signage on Sleepy Dell Ct. Follow signs at all times and make sure your guests are aware as well. We want to be respectful of the parking on surrounding streets and be good neighbors at all times. Please avoid parking on the neighbors’ grass.
- Members must check-in upon entering the pool facility.
- All members must have a recent photo uploaded in their MemberSplash account for identification at check-in prior to entry. Guests must also check-in. Your cooperation with check-in helps the pool management keep accurate records on pool usage. This ensures adequate lifeguard coverage now and in the future.
- One regular use/fulltime Nanny may be added to your membership via your MemberSplash account. Occasional babysitters must use guest passes. Nannies are not eligible to use the pool at any time if not on duty.
- Each family membership is permitted to bring guests. However, the privileges may be limited at the discretion of the pool manager/board to prevent overcrowding.
- A member must accompany guests at all times. When a member leaves, the guest must also leave, unless that guest is a responsible babysitter/nanny.
- Members will be held responsible for all actions of their guests
- No guests allowed during the first 2 weekends of the 2021 Season (May 29, 30, 31 and June 4, 5, 6). Guests also not allowed on July 4th.
- All other dates during the summer, guests are allowed subject to the group/party policy (may be revised due to Covid-19 or other concerns as needed)
- Guest Passes: Discounted guest pass “books” may be purchased for 10 passes for $65 via MemberSplash account (max of 3 books per membership) until June14th. After June 14th you may purchase 10 passes for $90. Individual passes purchased at the gate are $10 per pass.
- If a member is found to have brought a guest or non-member onto the property without checking in the guest, it may result in loss of guest privileges and/or suspension of membership
- All parties with 10 or more people must be scheduled with management in order to provide proper staffing
- Pool Board approval is required for parties of 25 or more people. Submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks in advance of the party. Requests should include: the date and time of the party, the number of people attending, and any other pertinent details.
- If you wish to reserve tables under the cabana or on the grass you may do so for a fee of $30.00 per table (3 hour maximum). No more than 2 tables may be reserved at one time unless you are reserving a “half” of the cabana for $100. The entire cabana may be reserved for a fee of $200 (3 hour maximum).
- To schedule a party of less than 25 people, see the manager at least one week in advance to post your party on the pool calendar. Parties will not be scheduled on Memorial Day, 4th of July or Labor Day.
- In addition to table reservation fees, guest passes are required for all non-members.
- Free guest passes and/or discount books of guest passes may not be used for parties. All non-member party guests must pay $10 per person entering the pool (whether swimming or not)
- You may have up to 3 parties per year per family.
- All guests under the age of 12 must pass a deep end test if they will be swimming in the deep end.
- The Hampton Pool member hosting the party is responsible for clean-up.
- All Hampton Pool rules apply to guests.
- In the event of vomit, blood and/ or fecal contaminations, the pool will be closed in accordance with Health Department regulations.
- Admission shall be refused to anyone with communicable diseases, active infection, sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, excessive sunburn, open sores or bandages of any kind unless the individual has a release from a physician stating that the problem is not contagious to others in the facility.
- All bathers must shower before entering the pool. Changing areas, showers, and sanitary facilities are provided.
- No pets are allowed in the pool area at any time except during the annual dog swim
- Swim Pants and Toilet Trained Status:All children under the age of 4 years old (whether toilet trained or not) are required to wear rubber or vinyl tight fitting swim pants underneath their bathing suit. In addition, children who are not toilet trained are also required to wear a swim diaper underneath the rubber pants as an added measure of protection.
**CHILDREN WHO ARE NOT TOILET TRAINED ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE MAIN POOL AT ANY TIME** Children who are not toilet trained must remain in the wading pool. If a lifeguard, manager or board member inquires about the age or toilet-trained status of your child, members/guests should answer honestly and courteously.
- All persons use this facility at their own risk and in conformance with all rules and regulations. Individuals may be barred from the pool or pool area at the discretion of the lifeguard in charge, for violation of said rules or for any other reason which in his/her judgment constitutes a hazard to others or the management. The lifeguard is responsible for the strict enforcement of those rules and has authorization to temporarily deprive any member or guest of same. A written statement is to be filed with the management within 24 hours if such action is taken. All persons using the pool or pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. The management does not assume responsibility for any accident, injury or loss of belongings in conjunction with such use.
- No Glass: Per Health Department Regulations No Glass is permissible at Hampton Pool. In the extreme or accidental instance that glass is brought in (such as a salad dressing in a bottle etc.) NO GLASS MAY BE PUT INTO TRASH CONTAINERS OR RECYCLING CONTAINERS AT ANY TIME. This is for the safety of the members and the guards. You must take any glass that was inadvertently brought to the pool home with you for disposal.
- Flotation Devices: No rafts or large floats are allowed in the pool at any time. Water wings are not permitted at any time
- No smoking OR vaping inside the pool grounds.
- The lifeguard must be on duty and the pool officially open before any user is allowed in the water or pool area.
- All swimmers shall exit the pool when the lifeguard leaves his/her station or upon the lifeguard’s request.
- Children 10 years of age and under must be appropriately supervised by a member and cannot be left alone at the pool.
- Children 6 and under may use the wading pool only when accompanied by a parent or babysitter/ nanny. The parent or guardian must remain in the wading pool area with the child at all times.
- Successful completion of a Swim Test, for members and guests under the age of 12, is required to swim in deep water (higher than chest-deep) and to use deep-water features (slides, diving boards, etc.) Non-swimmers must remain in shallow water (chest-deep or less).
- Swimmers must swim 2 widths of the pool in deep water
- Swimmers will also tread water for 1 minute in the deep end with both ears out of the water
- Diving Board: Only one person is permitted on the diving board at a time. The individual on the diving board may bounce only one time on the end of the diving board and diving is limited to the forward direction only. Immediately upon surfacing, swim to the nearest ladder and exit the diving zone. The diving zone must be clear before anyone can go off the diving board.
- Water Slide: Only one person allowed at a time. Riders must enter the slide in the sitting position and ride on their backs at all times. The water slide zone must be clear before anyone is permitted on the water slide.
- Gymnastics: No flips or cartwheels off the side of the pool.
- All personal injuries, however slight, must be reported to the manager on duty on the day of injury.
- Bicycles, motorbikes and skateboards are not permitted in the pool area beyond the bike rack at any time.
- The throwing of balls should be well controlled, and Members/Guests must be respectful of swimmers and others on the pool grounds, which includes the tossing of balls at high speeds. Pool Management and Staff may at any time direct that ball throwing cease for safety reasons without exception or debate.
- Hanging on the lane lines and dividing lines is prohibited.
- Parents, you are responsible for the behavior of your children AND guests.
- Bullying is unacceptable at Hampton Pool and will not be tolerated. Incidents of bullying will be dealt with promptly according to our Bullying Policy (see below). Anyone who knows that bullying is occurring is expected to advise pool management.
- Running, pushing, wrestling or causing undue disturbance in or about the pool area will not be tolerated.
- No abusive or profane language or breach of the peace will be tolerated. No harassment or verbal and/or physical abuse of any member, staff member, board member or guest will be tolerated. Violations may result in loss of family membership or other penalties as determined by the Management and Board.
Definition – Bullying (verb) – Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants. Bullying can occur between individuals of any age.
Effective May 29, 2021 Hampton Pool’s bullying policy for our members and guests is as follows:
If any bullying is seen, heard, or reported to pool management, it will be investigated, and consequences may be as follows:
- Verbal Warning – You will be kindly asked to apologize and to no longer bully that individual or individuals.
- Written Notice – An incident report will be filed by pool management and the parent/guardian will be notified of the situation. In addition, the board will be given a copy of the incident report.
- Suspension – If bullying continues to be reported after a verbal warning and written notice, the family will be told to leave the grounds until a meeting can occur with the board to resolve the matter.
Physical incidents of bullying will result in immediate action that may result in suspension until a meeting with the board can be held to address the matter.
We want every member and guest to have a positive experience at Hampton Pool. We encourage parents to be mindful of where their children are while on pool grounds, to discuss with their children the consequences of bullying, and to instruct them how to walk away from a situation where they are being bullied.